Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies?!?!?

Anna's brief description of these cookies made them seem very appealing..."crinkly, craggly, dense & soft..These are great". They look yummy too! So I had to whip up a quick batch. What's sort of funny is that my variation of this cookie is a combo of two recipes from her blog. The filling combo I used is from the hazelnut lime-pepper cookies. So I used the Chocolate Chip Cookie base & filled the cookies with white chocolate chips, hazelnut, lime zest & black pepper. The flavor combo has been very popular ever since I first tried it with family, friends, co-workers & myself. For the lime-pepper cookies, I haven't tried the dough batter posted, but I've tried the filling combo multiple times with Cook's Illustrated dough recipe. This recipe never fails to yield a really chewy cookie, which is my personal preferred cookie texture. I was using this recipe as a base for a long time before I decided it was time to graduate & give other recipes a chance.
So instead of chocolate chips & toasted walnuts/pecans, I used:
2 tblspn lime zest (3 -4 limes)
3/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup hazelnuts, skinned & chopped

No comments: