Saturday, September 8, 2007

Simple & Basic Chocolate Cupcakes

I have a lot of buttermilk to use up, so decided to bake up two batches of Chocolate Cupcakes from VCTOTW. So instead of soy/rice milk, I used buttermilk. For one batch, I added two tablespoons of instant espresso powder to the wet ingredients & topped with chocolate chips - so I can differentiate. I also omitted the apple cider vinegar in this batch. Honestly, I have no idea what difference this made. For the second batch, I added 1 1/2 tsp orange extract, orange zest would work also. I reduced the amount of sugar in both batches, not such a good idea, because the cupcakes were not sweet enough. My dad will be giving these away to some co-workers, I hope they enjoy! They can eat it for breakfast since it's not very sweet. :)


No comments: