Oatmeal Cherry-Walnut Cookies
2 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter (12 tblspns), melted & cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup quick cook rolled oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
1/2 walnuts, toasted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda & salt.
- With the mixer on low, combine butter & sugar. Beat in the egg, egg yolk & vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture.
- Fold in filling (oats, cherries, nuts, etc.).
- Form dough into balls & place on baking sheet. Flatten cookies, the cookies did not spread a whole lot.
- Baking at 325F for 15 - 17 minutes, until edges turn slightly light brown. Do not overbake for chewy cookies!
- Allow cookies to cool before removing from the baking sheet. If the caramel has not hardened, stick the baking sheet in the freezer/fridge for a few minutes.
- Makes 18 - 24 cookies.