Sunday, December 23, 2007

Monster Cookies

Christmas Cookies V
I would never claim that monster cookies are only for kids, but I decided to bake these for my boyfriend's younger cousin's X-mas cookies. They're loaded with peanut butter flavor & chocolate...Yummy! They're chewy & moist, with just enough peanut butter flavor that was not overpowering. The oatmeal made the cookies substantial & the chocolate candy chips added just that extra bit of sweetness for an overall satisfying cookie. The original recipe yielded a lot of cookies, so I cut the recipe into one-third. That's always scary, since I do not own measuring spoons that measure 1/3 tsp, etc. Even with my changes to the recipe, the cookies turned out great! I will definitely be making these again. I got about 10 medium-large cookies.
Other Monster Cookie recipes I was considering:
Simply Recipes
Paula Deen
~*~
Monster Cookies

1 large egg
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 tsp vanilla extract (little more than 1/4 tsp)
1/3 tsp corn syrup (little more than 1/4 tsp)
2/3 tsp baking soda (1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp + a small amt more)
1/4 tsp salt

2 tblspns + 2 tsp butter, melted
1/2 cup peanut butter

1 1/2 cup rolled oats
23 grams flour (1/6 cup)

1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chocolate chip candy
1/8 cup peanuts, roasted
1/8 cup almonds, roasted & chopped
  • Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Combine egg, sugars, extract, corn syrup, baking soda & salt in a large bowl.
  • Add melted butter & peanut butter, stir to combine.
  • Add oats & flour, stir to combine.
  • Fold in filling (candy, chip, nuts, etc.)
  • Allow the cookie batter to rest/sit for 30 minutes so the oats can absorb the butter.
  • Preheat oven 350F.
  • Drop the cookies (60grams each) on the cookie sheet & press down to flatten, these cookies do not spread a whole lot. Place six - nine cookies to a baking sheet.
  • Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until edges are slightly golden brown.
  • Yields 9 - 10 medium-large cookies.
**I made another batch of these on 12/27/07, this time, I omitted the almonds & reduced the chocolate just a tad & added unsweetened shredded coconut + caramel bits + raisins - YUM-o! I made smaller cookies & got about 14.

No comments: